Wednesday, May 23, 2007

What the F*#% Are You Doing in Birminghell, Aladamya?


So I was playing a solo gig last weekend and noticed a couple in front who were actually paying attention to my performance. When I took a break, the female half of the couple walked up and asked if she could see my songlist in order to make some requests. She looked oddly familiar, so I asked if we had met before. She confidently said no, so I introduced myself.

"I'm Picabo ('Peek-A-Boo')," she said, as she extended her hand.

I looked at her for about 10 seconds and realized that it really was her- Picabo Street, the Olympic Gold Medal downhill skier. Naturally, I had to ask her the obvious question.

"What the fuck are you doing at Oak Hill Bar & Grill in Birmingham, AL?"

It turns out the dude she was with is a local and they've been dating since they met 6 months ago on a plane going to Utah. They both ended up being cool and she regaled me with stories about everything from the weight of her gold medal to meeting David Caruso on a Leno appearance. I told them I was available for weddings. Peace out.

1 comment:

HeWhoOnceWasLY said...

Dude, Oak Hill Bar and Grill is where all the greatest athletes go to get their drink on. It's the height of culture, with a wine list of dec....wait, oh yeah, I'm sorry. I was smoking crack again.