Monday, November 26, 2007

How Far Do I Have To Go Anyway?


Sorry for being AWOL lately, but I just got back from a Thanksgiving family trip to San Francisco to see my brother. The trip was great until Saturday night. We found a sports bar that was showing the Iron Bowl and sat our happy asses down to watch the inevitable defeat. Every other person was there to watch Missouri-Kansas, which was fine. We picked the one TV that had our game and we were the only ones who gave a shit about it. Then during the third quarter, a couple sat near us and was obviously pulling for Auburn. The girl struck up a conversation with my brother and informed us that she was from Montgomery and went to Auburn. Her boyfriend was from Texas but was pulling for Auburn because he loved her (in other words, he wanted to get laid that night). Then, as the game wore on, another group of tools started cheering for Auburn. I looked at my brother and we had the same thought. "Just how far do we have to fucking go to get away from these fucking rednecks?"

Sure enough, as the game ended and we were walking out in disgust, we overheard this herd of douchebags chanting "SIX IN A ROW!" Wonderful- you can count. I guess I'll just have to go to Beijing next year to watch the fucking game. With my luck, of course, there'll be some Chinese dudes there with orange and blue face paint shouting "Ah yes, Tubaveel will ween again! Go Tygas!"

No comments: