Thursday, January 19, 2006

I Say Beat 'em


Would someone please explain the concept of "time out" to me? I understand what it is, I just question the effectiveness of this "punishment". Whatever happened to the good old days when children got the crap beat out of them when they misbehaved? When I was growing up, I got spanked with whatever tool was available- a belt, brush, stick, wooden spoon or just the classic hand pop. These days, we coddle our kids entirely too much. As the prophet Bill Hicks once said, you're kids are NOT special.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're just upset because nobody ever spanks you anymore. :P

Billie said...

HA HA!!! I like Kidamp's comment.

"Time out"....yeah, big friggin' Boo-fuckin'-HOO! That's nothing.

Sequoya said...

Parents are wimps!

Time out is a good idea and will work if you keep the kid in the corner thinking about what He/She did wrong.
I don't think spanking is always nessisary, but you should be strict and stick to your punishments.
I hate to see kids in stores who rule their parents with wimpering and tantrums. They need to show those kids who's boss!