Monday, June 05, 2006

Unrest in East Timor - The World Watches Breathlessly


I saw this story on the internet today. This is one of the major world headlines right now, which is interesting since I've never even heard of East Timor. Check out this photo- I don't think I've ever seen anyone actually using a slingshot as a weapon, besides Beaver Cleaver of course. Wow, talk about primitive weaponry.

And here's another photo that I saw from the same story:



Apparently, the New Zealand Army regularly performs some ritualistic dance. It looks to me like a bunch of tools doing a country line dance. I can certainly see how battling the New Zealand militia would strike fear in the hearts and minds of their enemies. Ah, those wacky New Zealanders.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Don't forget about Bart Simpson