Monday, July 03, 2006

Movie Theater Etiquitte


Went to see Superman Returns last night and it's actually very good. Of course, it would've been much more enjoyable had some people followed some simple rules of etiquitte. Now, I've found that talkers and cell phone users are really not a problem at most movies. It really depends on what kind of film you're seeing. If you're going to see something that carries over into the teenage demographic (i.e. most screwball comedies), you just have to deal with it. You can't control 13 year-olds, especially when they're in a group. I know because I myself was once one of those obnoxious a-holes.

The main culprits of the ruination of the movie-going experience are the latecomers. Now, I'll (reluctantly) grant these people the first 15 minutes of previews due to long ticket and food lines, although I can't understand not allowing yourself extra time if it's a new release. What kills me are the folks who show up 30 minutes after showtime when the movie is already well into the first act. They should just lock the friggin' doors 15 minutes past showtime and install bathrooms inside the theater. Alas, it's only a pipedream.

No comments: