Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Rumors


The coaching saga at Bama has reached laughable proportions, and I'm not even talking about the bumbling idiots who run the program. I'm talking about the ridiculous speculation and rampant rumor mongers who are taking over the internet and radio airwaves. The comments range from people with "reliable sources" to absurd sightings of coaches and private jets. Here are some recent examples of the hilarity that has ensued:

"I have a friend whose wife shops at the same grocery store as Jerri Spurrier and says that she was seen wearing a crimson red shirt on Sunday."

"A friend of mine just contacted me with some news. not sure how to take it though, but his fiance works for FOX 6 here in birmingham and she said that they had a story that they are breaking tomorrow. according to her a player from UA reported that the team meeting tonight is to announce that Steve Spurrier will be the next head coach at the University of Alabama. like i said i have heard and read so much that im not sure how true this is but she works at Fox so im sure its pretty reliable."

"I have a very reliable source (lifeguard at the Rec Pool) that said he saw Spurrier coming down the waterslide at the UA Rec Pool today. Like I said VERY RELIABLE SOURCE. He was there. I know the pool was closed, but that is why spurrier was there. He had on a crimson speedo with a white A across the back. His wife was also there in a 1 piece thong swimsuit. Just passing along this info for the readers."

and my personal favorite:

"I live here in TN actually just over an Hour from knoxville and let me tell you the great pumpkin wouldnt curl up in someones arms no no he would run down to Krispy Cream doughnuts and eat the entire damn store. I hate the F'in vols and everything about them. If it was up to me we would put fatty phil and but humpin tommy on a plane to calli and let them just hump eachother all day with pet carrol, now that would be a coaching staff."

No comments: