Friday, January 26, 2007

TT Throws Tantrum, Has A Revelation


I was sitting at home Tuesday night, suffering through yet another Tide basketball meltdown vs. Auburn when I finally lost control and threw my TV remote to the floor. Naturally, it came apart and a 1/2" nut connected to a small square piece of plastic came tumbling out of the inside. I was able to snap it back together, albeit sans nut, and alas, it didn't work. My remote, and in a small way my life, was broken.

So I made the dreadful drive to Charter headquarters, fully expecting to pay God knows how much for a new remote and receive a stern lecture from the always pleasant Charter window teller. There was of course a line, so as I was standing there I noticed a woman behind the teller windows motioning towards me.

She as holding a brand new bubble wrapped remote in her hand and mouthed the words, "Do you need this?"

I said, "Um...yeah," and walked forward to make the exchange with no questions asked.

"Is that it?" I asked, not sure what to do next.

She nodded and I immediately got the hell out of there before the cable police could come after me. As I walked to my car, I reflected on what had just taken place. I took a broken DVR remote control to Charter and had it replaced at no charge and with no questions asked. Do you realize what this means? I can pretty much chunk my remote anytime I want without fear of consequences. I keed- I won't really do that. Okay, maybe once.

No comments: