Monday, June 18, 2007

Yawn


Although I'm not an avid golfer or golf fan, I do like to watch the final round of a major on a Sunday. While it's usually compelling drama, it more importantly gives me an excuse to park my ass on the couch for an afternoon. However, in recent years it seems that the PGA, USGA and old codgers at Augusta have gone to great lengths to make each course and/or tournament impossible for any mortal human to score under par, much less a world class pro. Last weekend's U.S. Open was no different. As a casual observer, I enjoy aggressive play and courses that are difficult yet playable. I want to see guys go for birdies, not struggle to shoot bogeys and pars. And I certainly don't want to see a winning score of +5 for the fucking tournament! It's boring. All these golf officials are doing is making pros look like schmos. If I want to see guys grind it towards the hole and stroke balls in the deep rough, I'll rent Granny Bangers. Peace out.

No comments: