Monday, October 29, 2007

Things I Don't Understand, Part IV



1. Running out of gas. I've seen an unusual number of folks lately who've been pouring gas into their cars on the side of the road. How does one let this happen? I realize gas prices are high but when the light comes on, go to a friggin' gas station.
2. Incense. I've never been able to tolerate the smell of incense. Does one need to be a dopesmoker to appreciate this pungent odor?
3. Bowties. I touched on this briefly once before and it's come to light again in recent days after a couple of females told me they consider this look to be "hot". I just don't get it. I still maintain that this is the single most nerdy look for a man. Maybe I just need for my maker to re-wire my brain. How do I do this? Do I need to kill myself immediately or can God do it while I'm asleep? Somebody please help.
4. The Mohawk. First caught on in the British and then west coast punk scene of the late 70's; went away for awhile; now I see guys shaving these classy shapes into their heads again. Good luck getting any type of job other than tattoo artist or club bouncer.
5. Buffet dawdlers. People, there are others waiting in line behind you to get their fucking food. Don't socialize with the person next to you; don't be picky for five minutes trying to decide what and how much you want. Just spoon the food on your plate and move on.
6. Incessant song requesters. If I say that I don't know the song (i.e. "Take Me Home Tonight" by Eddie Money), chances are I DON'T KNOW IT! Stop singing it to me and your tablemates at the top of your lungs after every song that I play. It ain't gonna happen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have you ever been soo busy driving that you did not have time to stop for gas? Go figure.-H