Monday, April 30, 2007

What A Bunch of Friggin' Mor...Oh Wait, I Almost Did That Once


Leave it to 'Dega fans to make the rest of us citizens proud. Yesterday, as Jeff Gordon was cruising to victory on the final caution lap in Talladega, Earnhardt fans began pelting his car with beer cans and other types of debris. That is soooo classy. However, I'll refrain from going off on these people. Why? Because I feel their pain.

During the '91-'92 basketball season, I was with my dad at a Bama-LSU in T-town and witnessed what remains to this day the most poorly officiated sporting event I've ever seen. This was when Shaq was in school and he was getting away with bloddy murder at both ends of the floor. He was mauling our players without a call while getting ticky tac touches called on us. At one point I remember Robert Horry throwing his hands up in the air as fire almost came out of Wimp's ears. I was so pissed that I reached down and grabbed my cup of ice. Fuck it, I was gonna do it. I was going to zing that cup at the refs at center court and face the consequences (which would've been banishment for life from Coleman Coliseum). Fortunately, my dad read my mind and just looked at me while slowly shaking his head. He didn't have to say anything. I knew it was a lost cause. I placed my cup back down and continued hollering with the rest of the fans.

No comments: