Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Random Thoughts



I know this show has been on the air for many years now but I've recently been watching a lot of Cops. And damned if I haven't gotten hooked on this shit like one of their criminals in crack. Some of the humans who inhabit this planet never cease to amaze me. What goes through the minds of some of these people? Domestic violence, prostitution, meth labs, oh my!

And speaking of TV, I'm simultaneously struck by two interjections:
Hooray! The strike is over!
And Shit! It's gonna be at least six weeks before new shows make it to the air!

The election is shaping up to be one of the most compelling in my lifetime. You've got two Dems that have been running neck and neck, although now it appears that Obama has jumped out in front and has all but sealed the nomination at this point. Alec Baldwin, of all people, had an interesting quote on The Huffington Post - "What Mrs. Clinton has that Mr. Obama does not have, Mr. Obama can get. What Mr. Obama has that Mrs. Clinton does not have, she can never get."

And, most interestingly, you have a Repub nominee that has bitterly divided his own party. It's quite amusing to watch the conservative pundits lose their shit over the prospect of McCain being their nominee and possibly their President. Hell, even Ann Coulter has said that she'd vote for Hillary before McCain.

I saw pollen on my goddamn hood the other day, which means spring is almost upon us (it also might explain the 18 gallons of snot I've blown out of my nose the past few weeks). But that also means one other thing - pitchers and catchers have reported. Baseball is almost here...

1 comment:

Sequoya said...

Cops is a fascinating show and kind of a guilty pleasure. Although it can be tough to watch when it comes to the kids.

Interesting Baldwin Quote, but I'd like to know exactly what he's referring to? I think Hillary would be a fine president, without whatever "it" is.