Friday, July 13, 2007

Beckham


For months we've been inundated with the hype over David Beckham coming to America to play in whatever professional soccer league we have here(I honestly don't know). Personally, I've about had it with the David Beckham hype as well as the incessant rallying cry this overrated sport. Does anyone really expect for Beckham to break soccer wide open in this country? I hardly think so. After all, Pele couldn't do it, and he was one of the most recognizable athletes of the 70's. I'm of the majority opinion that soccer is about as exciting as watching cars rust. While I admire and respect the athletic ability of these players, I also admire the ability of trapeeze artists and curlers. That doesn't mean that I want to participate in or watch them on television. Peace out.

No comments: