Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Home Again


This Friday, Three Hour Tour makes their triumphant return to the place we've called home for almost the past decade. The Brick Deli in Decatur became our unofficial headquarters after we started playing again regularly in the late 90's, and we've had many frazy nights there since then. Unfortunately, The Brick was destroyed by a fire last October. Since then, the good folks there have moved to another location and worked tirelessly to re-open bigger and better than before, which they did last month. Also quite unfortunately, they managed to salvage the goddamn hippo that you see pictured above. I still have scars on my head from stumbling into it countless times while onstage.

This will be also our first time to play period since last Halloween, marking the longest gap we've had since I can remember. It occured to me the other day that in a few years, we'll be celebrating our (gulp) 20th anniversary of performing together. It was 23 years ago that I met Beau and Jondie at summer camp and formed the bond that would lead to Three Hour Tour years later in college with my even older friend, David. Below is the first known photo of me performing publicly, which happened to be at camp with Beau beating on a couple of chlorine cans. For the record, we were 15 years-old and played a stirring rendition of "Blister In The Sun". Cheers.

1 comment:

Sequoya said...

This was so awesome I love the picture of you playing as a kid. 20 years is a long time, congratulations.