Thursday, May 21, 2009

You Gotta Love Old People



This morning I went to Panera Bread Co. to get one (okay, two) of their warm fluffy bagels. I was standing in line behind an older couple (late 60's to early 70's) who had ordered two coffees and were not pleased with the cup sizes they were presented with.

"Wait, this is the size we ordered? We wanted small," said the old fart, er, man.

"I'm sorry, I though you wanted regular sized coffee," replied the girl behind the counter. She held up the two cups. The small size was only slightly smaller - perhaps four ounces. The man indicated that he wanted the small.

"Dude, don't fill the cup all the way or just don't drink it all," I thought to myself.

"Would you like the small instead?" asked the patient Panera girl.

"Yes, that's what I wanted."

"Do you want me to refund the difference? It's 22 cents."

Apparently he had already paid for his coffee and breakfast.

"Yes."

Are you freaking kidding me?

"Ok, I'll need your card to run the transaction."

You're going to make her go through a whole credit card transaction for a 22 cent refund? I'll bet the bank's gonna love that when they read their daily report.

I almost stepped forward to offer the man a quarter just to shut him up, but somehow I knew it would be to no avail. As Butthead used to giggle to himself, "Old people. Huh hah huh hah."

1 comment:

Amanda said...

seriously? you want it? what's your email? i wanted to send you something the other day but I don't have it...