Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Paul Is Dead - R.I.P.


Paul Gleason, one of my favorite character actors, died over the weekend at the age of 67. Some of you may recognize him from one of his many memorable roles in such classics as The Breakfast Club, Die Hard and Johnny Be Good. My personal favorite moment of his was as the henchman Clarence Beeks in Trading Places when he uttered the immortal line, ""I'll rip out your eyes and piss on your brain." Along with J.T. Walsh, he was one of the great unsung heroes of 80's cinema. We'll miss you man.

On a side note, I noticed the negative comments on my last post. Being a stickler for free speech, I don't make a habit of deleting comments (unless it's spam) so I'll leave them there. But for the love of God, I don't see when or how I could have possibly pissed off someone enough to warrant such hateful personal comments. For whatever it's worth (and I freely admit that it ain't much), my "rants and raves" are simply my opinions and are no more than just cheese whiz for cyberspace. But if it makes you feel better, then whatever.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Oh man!!! How sad!

I liked him a lot. I just watched Trading Places the other day.

Some great quotes of his characters:

"Don't mess with the bull- you'll get the horns."

"I'm gonna knock your dick in the dirt"

"The next time I have to come in here, I'm crackin skulls"

"No more jerky beef."

"FEMALE????"

Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»