Monday, March 10, 2008

A Daunting Endeavor


In an apparent attempt to rival Howard Stern as the King Of All Media, I have recently taken on a new challenge - writing a book. The idea was first presented to me last fall by my old buddy, Richard Murff, of the Saint Bob Press publishing empire. In a nutshell, it will be a non-fiction account of a rocker's discovery of jazz. I know that sounds utterly fascinating to you, but I can guarantee an entertaining read for the common man (or woman), regardless of what your taste in music may be. Since I've only penned freelance magazine articles and short rants on this blog, I have no idea what I'm getting myself into or how long this project will take to complete. But I've set a modest goal of having a complete draft done by the end of the summer and a finished book by the fall. And by this time next year, I feel certain that I can have the #733,684th best selling book on Amazon.com. May the force be with me.

1 comment:

Sequoya said...

Oh boy sounds like fun. I'll be looking forward to reading it and will boost your marks up by one. :)
Be sure to get yourself a stir stick... someone who rides your ass and inspires you to keep up the momentum. :D