Thursday, March 06, 2008

I'm Old



I got an e-mail last week regarding my 20 year High School reunion, which is happening this summer. Damn, I'm getting old - what a pisser. The e-mail also asked if anyone with the necessary experience could help out with the class DVD. Having done that kind of thing before, I told "Coops" that I'd be happy to assist. Bam! Within five minutes, Coops responded with "Great - you're in charge of that." I whispered a resounding "Fuuuuuuuck" to myself a la Rick Vaughn trying on his new glasses in Major League. We had a committee meeting the other night to discuss the event. My first band from HS, Silent Majority, will be performing for the daytime festivities, which will include everyone's families. Just what the kiddies need - four bloated old rockers belting out butchered versions of "Born To Be Wild" and half the R.E.M. catalog.




I also realized the other day that I was getting old due to the fact that I was willingly rockin' out to Bob James & Earl Klugh - the same smooth-ass 70's jazz that I used to make fun of my dad for listening to when I was a kid. Just look at these album covers. How could one not be embarrassed to listen to this music? Between this, the reunion and the sir rant, I've finally begun facing my own mortality. Woe is me!

No comments: