Friday, February 12, 2010

Enough



Once again it's that time of year when jewelers and florists raise the bar to a level of impossibility for men - V-Day. Retailers such as Jared, Kay and Flowers.com annually spew forth a bevvy of commercials that have about as much realism as a singing frog.

"Annie, why do you have a pants bulge?"

"Oh Susie, it's the diamond necklace that Nick gave me for Valentine's Day to tell me how much he loves me - I like to keep it coiled up next to my vagina. He went to Jared!"

I have to keep a stack of barf bags next to my TV in preparation for this annual sham of fanciful dribble regurgitating from the airwaves. Ladies, we may have the best of intentions and actually sometimes succeed when it comes to romance, but please don't ever expect what happens in these commercials to actually occur in real life.

2 comments:

Susan said...

More likely would be the post from a few years ago when you were talking about guys bringing their dates to Chick Fil A for dinner.

Fox 5280 said...

I feel the same way about
Xmas ads on TV. Annoying.