Thursday, February 04, 2010

Teeth



Even before I got into the dental industry, I always made a practice of consistently attending to good oral hygiene. And as much as I hated the 18 months that I endured braces as a gawky 13 year-old, I'm very thankful to now have straight teeth. They may not be supermodel white, but by God, they're properly aligned and even.

Which makes me all the more curious about folks who don't have straight teeth and many others whose teeth are just butt ugly. I realize not everyone can afford certain restorative dental solutions, but everyone should at least be able to have their teeth cleaned twice a year or at least maintain proper oral hygiene on a daily basis with brushing and flossing.

I don't mean to sound preachy, but many people don't realize how much of a turn-off it is to have a mouth like Austin Powers (I know some of you are shocked to hear me say that I've been somewhat picky about anything when it comes to dating). Recently, a girl approached myself and my bandmates at a gig touting herself as a talent scout - a local version of Simon Cowell if you will - and offered to take us on as a client. As she was spouting off her spiel, all I really heard was the "Wah wah wah" sound you hear from adults in a Peanuts cartoon. Why? Because, even though she was fairly attractive, she had the lower half of her #8 incisor (upper right front tooth for you novices) chipped off, and it was all I could do to not stare at this monstrosity.

So come on, people. I implore you to take care of your teeth - you (and me) will be glad you did.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I'm missing a couple teeth. Is this going to be a problem? I only whistle a little when I speak.

Apparel said...

Thanks a lot dear i really appreciate your contribution for people to live healthy and save life.
t-shirts