Monday, October 23, 2006

Battle of the Bands


Because I had nothing else better to do and because my dorky ass has become addicted to Two-A-Days,I decided to go to the Hoover HS football game vs. Homewood Friday night. This was actually the first high school football game I've attended since I was in high school myself. Back then, I couldn't have given two shits about what was happening on the field- I was just there to socialize and hit on girls. This time, however, I watched the game intently and saw some exciting football (unlike the Tide's performance the next day).

That being said, I don't think I'll be going to another HS football game anytime soon. In college football (at least in the SEC), the marching bands are not allowed to perform during plays. They can perform briefly between plays and during timeouts, but that's it. Unfortunately, this rule has not been put into effect during high school games. Both bands went at it nonstop during the entire fucking game, sometimes simultaneously. Not only that, they played the same damn songs over and over. If I hear Iron Man or the ESPN theme one more time, I'm going to puke (which I actually did do yesterday, but that's a different story). It was distracting and annoying, and totally sucked the enjoyment out of watching the game. Maybe I'll copy/paste this rant and send it along to the AHSAA. Not that it would do any good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

re:the puking. aww, are you sick?

Two-A-Days, huh? I still have respect for you....course if you were to tell me you watch 'Yo Momma'(possibly the 'un-funniest' thing I've ever come across) that'd be another story. ;)