Monday, October 16, 2006

What a Classy University


Eight Univ. of Miami players have been suspended for their roles in a fight Saturday night between the Hurricanes and Florida Int'l (they had around the same # of players suspended). Eight?!? Are you kidding me? From what I saw, the whole teams were involved in this footbrawl. [UPDATE- The official number of players suspended is FIU-18 and Miami-13, which is still not enough if you ask me] This was the most disgraceful and pathetic display I've ever seen on a field of play in any sport. As I've touched on before here, the Miami Hurricanes are a bunch of classless thugs with no regard whatsoever to class or sportsmanship.

And now I hear that former Miami receiver Lamar Thomas, who's now a color analyst for Miami football broadcasts, was apparently cheering his team on during the slugfest and actually suggested that the players meet in the parking lot after the game - all of this while on the air. Wow. I realize the Tide isn't perfect - we had three personal foul calls against Ole Miss on Saturday - but I can't imagine any team that would stoop to the level of classlessness that Miami continues to wallow in year after year. If the NCAA wants to make a statement, they should shut down these two programs for the remainder of the season.

No comments: