Thursday, October 12, 2006

When Film Meets Jazz


I saw The Departed last night. This is Marty Scorsese's new film (I can call him 'Marty' because Bob Deniro calls him that, and yes I just called him 'Bob') about lies and infiltration among Boston's underground world of organized crime. It's classic Scorsese- his best since Goodfellas. The acting is unbelievable and each player knocked his or her performance out of the park- Jack is, well, Jack; Leo (yes, Leo) is on the verge of cracking throughout the entire movie and is the best I've ever seen him; Matt Damon is wonderful in his lying prick role; Alec Baldwin is fucking on and remains one of my all-time favorite underrated actors; Mark Wahlberg is like a machine gun on crank. It's one of the rare films that plays out like a jazz performance, each scene and character riffing off another with shades of brilliance. Check it out if you have a couple-a hours to kill.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This movie was right on the money..well worth the $9.50. It is definitely not a waste of time...by the way I hate Marky Mark with long hair(he looked greasy)..Jack is still doable. have a nice day Tommy