Thursday, October 19, 2006

A Real Quandary


Gene Simmons will soon be making an appearance at a local Parisian's to promote his new male fragrance (that's pretty gross when you think about it). What an interesting scenario that this presents. Of all places to meet The Demon - Parisian's?!?

The first record I ever bought with my own money was Destroyer by Kiss when I was 7 years old. While most boys grew up wanting to be a fireman, policeman or superhero, I wanted to be Gene Simmons. I don't remember how in the world I got into Kiss at such a young age but I was obsessed with them and their music, even though I couldn't have been more clueless as to what they were singing about. I remember having no idea what Cold Gin was, thinking that Christine Sixteen was really old, Plaster Caster was about a cast on someone's arm, and Love Gun was about a real gun. The song Great Expections was classical music for all I knew while the lyrics flew right over my head -

"You watch me playing guitar,
You feel what my fingers can do
And you wish you were the one I was doing it to."

So you see how big of a deal it would be if I ever had the chance to meet Gene Simmons. Or would it? I gotta be honest - I wasn't all that excited when I heard the news of him coming here. I guess I had always envisioned meeting him after a show when he's dripping sweat and fake blood. He's gonna be standing there at a perfume counter for Chrissakes. How rock n' roll is that? I might as well be going to meet The Wiggles. And God knows what kind of crowd I'd have to fight through just to see him. So do I go or not? I'm really confused about what to do. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

but at least u understood english, i didn't and i was sure, that were their real faces, no make-up, it got completely pjunk'd by kiss ... at least simmons is honest when he says: money, money