Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Juno


Ever since Juno was released, I've OD'd on the media's ass-kissing of the film's writer, Diablo Cody. Every magazine and TV show have been spouting her praises for months. Well, I finally had the pleasure of seeing it last weekend and I gotta jump on the bandwagon. Juno is the best movie I've seen in a long time - easily the best of the past year. Not many movies can make you laugh your ass off while also giving you that warm, tingly feeling inside. Juno is one of them. The writing, the acting, the music and the direction are all simply brilliant. And it really doesn't take a side on the whole abortion issue. It actually enables you see the pros and cons of each scenario without being preachy about either choice. Right now it gets my vote for Best Picture.

No comments: