Monday, January 07, 2008

What Were They Thinking?



I've never been one to brag about being the wisest human in the world but I feel that I must question the motives of the Groen family this past weekend. In case you missed it, this is the family who went missing during a snowmobile trip in near the 10,222-foot Cumbres Pass in Colorado last weekend, where they've had four feet of snow since Friday. Fortunately, they've been found alive and safe. Now, the few people I know who live in Colorado have always told me that predicting the weather there is a complete waste of time. Powerful winter storms can creep up at any moment in the Rockies. So why take a Rocky Mountain family expedition in the middle of nowhere during the month of January? What was the mindset of these folks prior to setting out on this near-suicide mission? This inquiring mind wants to know.

No comments: