Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Dumb Slogan


Today I was driving back from lunch and noticed a large tow truck, specifically designed to tow tractor-trailers. I didn't catch the name of the towing company but I did get a glimpse of the company's slogan - "Towing Alabama's Finest". WTF is that supposed to mean anyway? If the vehicles they tow are Alabama's finest, then why the hell are they having to be towed? I just shook my head at the thought of not only the schmo who came up with the tag line, but the company executive who gave it the thumbs up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bought some Moo-Nure (yes, that is what it says on the bag) over the weekend for the garden. The tag line underneath the product name said: We're Number One in the Number Two business.

Amanda said...

I passed a carpet cleaning van in Memphis a few weeks ago, although it wasn't their slogan, they did have a list of everything they did, one of which was "red spot" removal. That's exactly what I would want to be known for in the carpet cleaning industry...