Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Ashamed to be Caucasian, Part Deux


I went to see Steely Dan/Michael McDonald in Atlanta Monday night and it was a great show. But I'm going to have to revisit a subject I first touched on here. Once again, my fair-skinned brethren have let me down. For three hours, I was forced to endure the ritual of watching 50-something white men and women in all their collective glory. Honest to God, is there anything more pathetic than a bunch of over the hill white folks dancing like buffoons as if they were at their 40 year high school reunion? It's very sad. But what's more sad is the realization that I'm headed down that road myself. I feel like gettin' my groove on already...

2 comments:

The Man said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Man said...

A Steeley Dan & Michael McDonald double bill... that's disgusting.