Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Not Very Sporty


According to authorities, Troy Lee Gentry, half of the country music duo Montgomery Gentry, has been charged with killing a tame bear and then making it look as if it was a hunting trophy. I'm not sure which one this is, but I think the one who wears the duster and wide-brimmed cowboy hat is a total tool.

According to an indictment unsealed this week, in October 2004 Gentry paid $4,650 to shoot the "trophy-caliber" bear named "Cubby" at the Minnesota Wildlife Connection in northern Minnesota, which advertises itself as a place where animals can be photographed in the wild.

WTF?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah I heard about this during the news segment on the country station I sometimes listen to.
I don't really understand the thing at all and I'm not even some super-crazed peta kind of person either. What does a person get out of killing a living creature? I mean my hobbies are like taking pictures and reading, I don't understand how hunting can just be deemed a 'hobby'.

But even then I guess I could understand someone enjoying the thrill of the chase/adventure whatever of hunting. But that isn't even what he did, didn't he shoot it while it was caged? (that's what the guys on the radio were saying atleast, so I could be wrong) And then shoot like a video that made it look like he shot it in the 'outdoors' or something? Crazy yo.

Carson Katharine said...

I am digging the blog.